The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) works closely with clients and medical staff, providing assistance in the areas of medication observation and medical appointment scheduling toward overall client health. This role involves observing and charting patients, collecting lab samples, preparing medical data for clinical staff, and providing education for prescriptions and medication management. The role requires knowledge of detox medications, attention to detail, and accurate documentation abilities. BHTs also conduct client rounds and are required to uphold ethical and policy stipulations in their role.
The following are some of the qualifications required for the role. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity, and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to move 25 lbs
- Ability to sit at a desk, use keyboard, and write as necessary
- Ability to move about the facility to observe clients and staff
- One year experience in a residential healthcare facility, behavioral health, mental health, hospital or other related fields.
Based on experience