Addiction is often a family disease, meaning it has a powerful impact on your life as well as the lives of those who you love and who love you. This is why our addiction specialists at 10 Acre Ranch may invite your family members to participate in your rehab. Under our guidance, we can ensure that family plays a positive force in your recovery process.
Some of the benefits of family therapy for our male clients may include:
- 1. Better understanding of healthy boundaries and family patterns and dynamics
- 2. Enhanced communication
- 3. Improved problem solving
- 4. Deeper empathy
- 5. Reduced conflict and better anger management skills
How to Make the Most Out of Family Therapy
Both you and your loved ones need to take the family therapy process seriously for it to work – and that may mean doing work both in and outside your sessions with our marriage or family specialists. Here are some pointers to keep in mind to ensure you’re getting the most out of family therapy at 10 Acre Ranch.
- Be an active listener. This means that you have to really hear what you’re loved ones are saying and ask questions that help to provide an even deeper understanding of the conversation or topic at hand.
- Start a journal. Writing down your thoughts, questions and/or feelings after you meet with your family or marriage specialist can serve double-duty: It can help you reflect on what went on in your session and help you better prepare for the next one.
- Practical self-care. Taking better care of you – meaning eating right, getting proper sleep, managing stress and staying active – will ensure that you greet each therapy session with an open mind and heart.
Family Counseling at 10 Acre Ranch
Our Southern California rehab for men is built around a social treatment model that helps residents hone in on healthy interaction patterns. Developing greater trust and better communication skills with your family can be critical to your long-term sobriety. To learn more about our family therapy sessions, call us today: 877-228-4679.
I like how you mentioned that family counseling can improve problem solving. My family and I have been having a lot of problems lately. After learning more about family counseling and how it can improve your family, I will definitely consider having my family go.
It’s definitely true that in order for the family therapy to work, everyone must take it seriously. As you’ve said, everyone must listen well, start a journal, and practice self-care. My sister’s family has been having a lot of trouble lately. I will encourage them to go on a family therapy session to help them out. I’ll remind them to take everything seriously when they start the process.
I believe that family therapy is very important to remove family members personal grudges against each other and in this counselling, they speak openly towards each other and solve their grudges. Thank you for sharing article on such wonderful topic.